We are a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization established in honor of LAPD SWAT Officer Randy Simmons, who was tragically killed in the line of duty. Our purpose is to serve, empower, encourage families and “at risk” youth in low income and underserved areas. Our core values are centered on the love and compassion that God requires us to have for one another.
Our mission is to continue the legacy of Randal D. Simmons by spreading love, serving our community and reaching out to help others in need.
Our hearts desire is to meet the needs of families and youth who require help in one of the four categories: QUALITY OF LIFE, EDUCATION, HEALTH & WORLD OUTREACH.
Download Randal D. Simmons Foundation brochure
Things The Randal D. Simmons Foundation has done since its inception in May 2008:
- Provided Annual Scholarships for High School Students
- Empowerment Ministry and Mentoring
- Career Day Seminars & Workshops for “At Risk” Youth
- Sponsored LAPD Explorer, Cadet and POPS Programs
- Assist Families in Low Income Housing with Financial Assistance in the area of Housing and Healthcare.
- Clothes Drive and Donation for Homeless Shelters
- Sponsored and Participated in Cancer Walks
- Sponsored Youth to attend Junior Diabetes Camp
- Big Bear Snow Retreat at Camp Whittle Snowboarding & Snow Sledding
- Big Bear Summer Retreat at Camp Oakes Horseback Riding, Canoeing, Archery and Swimming.
- Easter Basket Give Away to Youth in Low Income Neighborhoods
- Christmas Toy Give Away
- LAPD SWAT Officer Randal D. Simmons Park Family & Fun Day in Reseda, CA. with Games & Prizes
- Field Trip Activities to Amusement Parks, Movies, Dodger Game, Clipper Game...etc.
The logo symbolizes Randy's heart. The beautiful red heart is divided by a cross into four chambers.
The four chambers of the heart illustrate the purpose of the foundation.
The cross represents his Christian faith. The golden wedding bands that hang on the cross are symbolic of oneness and unity.
The board members consist of family, friends and colleagues who serve on a volunteer basis. They share Randy's vision and passion and are committed to continuing his legacy. They are truly the foundation of this organization and they uphold with loyalty, dedication and love.